– Ready in 20 minutes
– Serves two (four mini pies)
– Vegan & Vegetarian
For the pizza
* 4 corn tortillas (six inch)
* 8 oz. vegan mozzarella (daiya, almond, go veggie!, vegan gourmet)
* Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
* 2 cups fresh basil (kale or spinach also works)
For the sauce
* 7 oz. tomato paste
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 shallot or 1/4 red onion, diced
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
* no-salt seasoning to taste
* 2 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Saute garlic and shallot with balsamic vinegar until fragrant.
3. Add tomato paste, water and seasoning. Stir until combined.
4. Place corn tortillas on a baking sheet and spread tomato sauce evenly over each.
5. Layer basil, mozzerella and tomatoes on each pie.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
7. Top with red pepper flakes for extra spice.