A hearty and delicious salad with sweet grapefruit and avocado tossed in a handmade citrus dressing.
– Ready in 10 minutes
– Serves two
– Vegan & Vegetarian
– No added salt or sugar
For the salad
* 16 oz. fresh greens (spinach, arugula)
* 1 ripe avocado, sliced
* 1 ruby red grapefruit, diced with peel and skin removed
* optional: 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts or walnuts
For the dressing
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 2 tsp. dijon mustard
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1/4 shallot, diced
* 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
* no-salt seasoning to taste
1. Saute garlic and shallot with balsamic vinegar until fragrant. Set aside.
2. Lay greens, avocado and grapefruit on serving plate.
3. Whisk dressing ingredients together and mix in garlic and shallot.
4. Drizzle dressing on top of salad.
5. Garnish with toasted pine nuts or walnuts if desired.